Friday, August 7, 2009

Choose one...

Thanks... or
When it counts.... or
The Ponytail... or
A Working Moms Hygiene... or
Are You Serious?

First off thanks for all the wonderful comments over the last few days. I've been very irritated and it's been great to know that it's not just me being a spoiled bitch. And I am feeling a little better today.

Which brings me to title number 2... When It Counts...
I went home from work at 11 yesterday, but because I'm me I first stopped to get a Creamsicle Smoothie for my sore throat (and being a nice daughter I got one for my mom too) and I stopped to see my mom and signed my bank papers. I was feeling a little worse so I decided not to take them to the bank and stop at the Library like I originally planned though. I went home, pumped, ate and went to bed where I slept until 4 when B got home. He woke me up asked if I wanted him to get Lilly and then went and got her. I fed her laying down when they got home and then Daddy took her to the new house to walk around the woods and see if they could see signs of deer. I ordered a calzone and ice cream (2 pints cause I couldn't decided between Cookie dough and Peanut Butter Cup). Is it bad I ordered that Calzone just cause they deliver Ben and Jerry's? So I ate and pumped and went back to the bed. I was just dozing off again when they got home. My little girl was hungry so I fed her again and B told me they only walked around the yard because he was afraid there might be bugs in the woods and he didn't want her to get bit up. (Made mommy very happy!) So she ate and fell asleep. That's when I realized it was 8 and her bed time. I got her ready for bed, read to her and put her down, she was asleep by 8:15. I had some ice cream and NyQuil (no not together) and was passed out by 8:45 I'm feeling better this morning and I'm really happy that B stepped up some when it counted. I would have like him to wash the bottles and do the dishes, but I'm not gonna complain, we'll take baby steps. But me going to bed so early brings me to the next two titles...

The Ponytail and A Working Mom's Hygiene...
The ponytail has become a staple of my daily attire for so many reasons. First off it's easy to do and you don't even really need to brush your hair if you can get the outside to look flat. Two, it hides the fact that my hair is in desperate need of a cut. And lastly, but most importantly it hides my complete lack of personal hygiene. Yes it has been two days since I've had a shower and I feel gross, but guess what I ran out of time yet again this morning. Don't get me wrong I don't stink or anything, my hair just looks gross and I feel like a dirt bag. But hey I've washed my face cause I'd rather just look like a normal dirt bag than a pubescent dirt bag... I really can't wait for tonight when I can stay up later to shower because I don't have to worry about getting up in the morning. My daughter is wonderful and sleeps in on the weekends too! So yup, I'm a dirt bag today and proud of it! My daughter is clean and healthy and totally worth it!

And lastly....
Are You Serious???
All I can say is I've been through the frustration of having to pop the binkie back in every 5 minutes, but it would never bring me to this!!! How many things can you come up with that could go wrong???
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Binky-Buddy/115232326978?v=info&viewas=722319774#/pages/Binky-Buddy/115232326978?v=wall&viewas=722319774

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better and that he did step up and help when needed.

    I know what you mean about your hair feeling crummy, tho in the past 6 years I have chosen to cut my hair really short, and now that it is short I will never go back to having it longer. I love it short. So much easier for me to take care of. And no, I'm not lazy, I just don't like standing in front of a mirror combing my hair and curling it. Years and years ago, I had to braid it, and I am so glad those days are over.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better Brandi and B was able to offer some help!

    And OMG on the binky buddy. So sad =(

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...