Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Race Day!

I'm not really complaining here, although some might say I am, but the number of labs I've had done in the last year is just too much. Now I know it could be way worse and some people do have it way worse, so I'm not complaining, but let's be honest, who wants to have their blood drawn at all.

I honestly don't even know how many times in the last year I've been to the lab, but I can say that everyone in there recognizes me now and says things like "back so soon?" Yeah it's crappy.

I bring this up because I really appreciate the thoughts on what may be going on with me. Yesterday Jenn suggested that I could have a problem with my thyroid. And honestly I've always thought I may have a problem with it, but the at least 3 times its been tested in the last year, it's come back normal. The last of those times being back in May with my fertility testing. And normally I'd get a second opinion, but considering that both my OB and GP (general practitioner) say that its ok, I'm going to believe them.

Please, feel free to leave me comments on anything you want to suggest may be the issue, or any experiences with exhaustion like I'm experiencing. I try to refrain from googling since all that does is make me anxious that I have some weird disease.

On to more important things like the title of this blog. It's Race Day!!! I'm running in the Cha.seCorpo.rateCha.llenge tonight and I'm totally excited! This is my first race and it's a 3.5 mile run rather than just a 5K (3 miles). I signed up because my boss here at work is heading up the team. Of course work paid for it and they are supplying a delicious meal afterwards. I also like the cause. This event "will benefit [local] not-for-profit organizations that support affordable, quality early care and education." The race I'm in will specifically benefit Child Care Solutions.

So please wish me luck that my energy will last until this evening and that it isn't too hot and humid, or storming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...