Wednesday, June 22, 2011

50:40

That was my time in the Chase 3.5 mile run last night. Well that was my official time anyway that I had to report.


They were only about 10 people short of 7000 entries into the Challenge. Although I wasn't late, when I got there, I didn't have time to wait in the line to relieve my hydration efforts from the day.


I lined up at the 12 min mile marker and waited and waited to get going. I probably actually could have waited in the bathroom line and made it out in time to start. By the time I actually got to the start/finish line the clock was already at just over 3 minutes. I was very disappointed in myself when I didn't even reach the 1 mile marker before I had to walk for a few minutes. After looking at my Nike+ watch I realized why though. I had been running at a pace 2 miles faster than what I normally run for a 3 miles. Not to mention it was 20 degrees warmer than what I am used to running in. I was overjoyed when I got close to the halfway point and saw Port-a-Johns. You bet I stopped, waited and finally got to go to the bathroom. The second half of the race was good besides the smell of skunk that made me want puke.



Overall I'm very proud of myself. It typically takes me 50 minutes to run the 3.5 miles, so considering the 3 minutes already on the clock when I crossed the start line and the 1-2 minute bathroom break, and walking I probably ran the 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. That's 5 minutes less than my average on the treadmill!


And I was so thankful to have my husband there at the finish line to cheer me on! As boring as it was for him I'm sure, it meant the world for him to be there and be so proud of me. He even told me again this morning how proud of me he was.


Oh and Lillian had fun with her Grandma and Grandpa too, especially when they went to visit Aunt Pocca at work (the ice cream shop)!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...