Saturday, April 30, 2011

Appreciating My Infertility

Sounds crazy doesn't it? I have to appreciate some of the things that have come into my life because of my infertility though.

When we first started trying I joined the What.To.Expect website where I got to chat with all sorts of women who were trying to get pregnant just like me. I didn't really have a chance to get to know too many people since I was only there for 2 cycles, but there was one forum that I joined that I stayed and chatted with the girls. When I had my miscarriage these girls were there for me and helped me through the tough time. After a year there were still 8 of us in this forum and now almost 4 years later we still all talk pretty much on a daily basis.

These girls have helped me through so much and they understand what I'm going through. These girls are the ones that I cried tears of joy for when they told me they were pregnant and again when they had their little ones. The ones I run to when my mom tells me "don't worry, you're stressing too much."

And these girls are there with their kind words and positive thoughts every month when announce the arrival of the unwanted guest after I excitedly told them for a week how sure I was I was pregnant. They don't judge or think I'm crazy for having symptoms every month.

And now that we all have little ones they are a great support for those tough parenting situations. We also love to share stories, pictures and all the stress that comes with parenting.

I hope that if you are suffering from infertility you can find something good in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...