Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adult Time...

There doesn't seem to be enough of it around these parts lately. I find myself struggling with my feelings as a mother and wife and wondering what I can do to get that "I have everything" feeling back. I know I have everything, but something inside is telling me that there is something missing.

I know part of it is the lack of adult time. "You've lost that loving feeling..."* is running through my head because I think that's what I'm lacking. I know I am very loved by my husband and I love him very much too, but knowing it and feeling it are two different things. Well at least to most women. Everything has just become so systematic lately that there doesn't even seem to be time for those little "I love you" glances where you just look at each other and know. And it's funny because he tells me he loves me all the time. So now I want to "Bring back that loving feeling..." and I think the only way to do it is make some adult time.

I think our bowling leagues have ended at the right time and our couples spring league can't start soon enough. Two weeks seems too far away! How do you incorporate "adult time" into your life? What do you do with your love to keep your connection?

* That Loving Feeling by Righteous Brothers

1 comment:

  1. Oh it's so hard to balance day to day life and squeeze in Adult time. My DH and I are struggling with the same thing. I know getting that in helps keep everything else in prospective! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...