Monday, June 22, 2009

Road Trip and Father's Day

Well our road trip to VA was wonderful! The driving sucked, especially that we spent about as much time driving as we did there, but it was totally worth it! We left about 6:30 am on Friday morning and arrived in VA around 4. Lilly was great, she slept most of the way, of course waking up for a few bottles and diaper changes. Then when we were almost there she woke up to play (or I should say stare) at her toys.



And guess what, while I was setting up her pack n play, she rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time!!! I was so proud of her, but do you think she'd do it again, nooo. She ate and took a nap while we waited for others to arrive to go to dinner. During dinner she ate again and sat and watched us eat, then she entertained everyone while sitting on my lap when I was done. Surprisingly enough she went to bed right on time at 10 and slept all night again!

Saturday morning we got up and packed everything up and headed to our nephew's graduation, she fell asleep in the car on the way and stayed asleep in the moby wrap through the whole thing! (2+ hours) Her cousins couldn't believe it will all the hootin n hollerin. After the graduation we went to lunch, we got there early so I fed her while sitting in the car and she was happy to visit with everyone during lunch. Then we went to the park to take some pics and we were off. She was a little fussy when we headed out, but it was most likely because she was too warm and tired. Once the AC got the Jeep cooled down she fell asleep, it was probably 2:30 almost 3 by then. It was so hard to say good bye. It was the first time I'd met my SIL and her girls and I hadn't seen the boys since last year. Lilly slept off and on most of the way home and I was amazed that at 12:30 when we got home I moved her from her car seat to her bed and she slept the rest of the night like normal!


There are our nieces and nephews. The boy holding Lillian is the one who graduated, isn't he handsome?

This is B and his sister.
I was a little worried yesterday because she seemed to sleep a lot but so did I, I'm guessing it was just the same effects as what us adults have after long trips like that. I'll see how she does at the sitters today.

As for Father's Day, it wasn't very eventful. We pretty much laid in bed all day and watched movies and napped. B had to go to our camp to look at a leaking issue, but that was it. We went to a quick dinner and the back home. Nothing major and I felt terrible cause his father's day gift didn't arrive on time! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Tomorrow Lillian will be 2 months so I'll update after her appt. But for now I'll leave you with another pic...

1 comment:

Your ramblings...