Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Break Down

Well last night I finally broke down and cried. I just couldn't take it. When I picked Lilly up from Nana's (that's what we call her sitter, she's been Nana for 18 years now to me) they were sitting on the porch watching the cars go by and talking. Lilly was smiling and talking, it was so cute.
Well I got her home and she started to get fussy so I got the Moby Wrap out and she fell asleep within minutes of being put in it. And thankfully she slept long enough to let me get 2 loads of laundry folded. Then she woke up and was fussy. She cried terribly off and on. Then when I fed her she was on there for over an hour! Every time she'd come off if I didn't get her right back on her lip would quiver and she'd cry out. (How long should she be on there?)

I started crying because I want those happy times where she's smiling and cooing! I want her to be happy to come home, not cry all night. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like even at her young age she likes Nana better than me. Is that possible?

On a better note, thanks to some great advice I got yesterday BFing went great last night! My boobs are sore and feeling a little bruised today, but no nipple pain like before! I hope tonight is just as good!

2 comments:

  1. Morning seems to be a better time for Nathan, and evening seems to be a less fun time for him also! I went through the same thing between 6 and 7 weeks, where it seems like Nathan was on my breast NON STOP. I was beginning to think he was taking so long because I wasn't producing enough milk, but then a friend of mine, (who is also a pedatric nurse), reminded me that around 6 to 8 weeks, babies go through a growth spurt and they seem to eat constintly. Could be why Lily seems to be at it constintly. As for the crying fits, I have been dealing with that for a few weeks now, with Nathan and I have found the best thing that works for him. (Only just discovered it last night), was to strap him into his carseat and take a short drive. I don't know what it is about the car, because I have tried similiar things, like a walk with his stroller, but that isn't as successful. Maybe you could try a short trip around your block??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter was small, I had to go back to work when she was 5 weeks old. I know how hard it was to leave her and go to work, and have someone else see all the firsts before I was able to experience them.

    I couldn't breast feed over two weeks because I almost died when she was two weeks old and had to have an emergency D&C, so she was put strictly on formula.

    I do know Kim used to sense it that I was skeptical about leaving her and when I came home tierd and iritable from work, she would try to see how far I could be pushed.
    I know it takes a lot of patience and understanding to not let them know we are tierd and just want them to be happy.

    They do grow very rapidly and sometimes eat non stop, and all you seem to ever get done is feed them.

    And Yes, trips in the car used to do the trick for my daughter too.
    Just don't get too frustrated, she loves you and knows who her mommy is. And as time goes by it will get easier.
    Hang in there. Will say an extra prayer for you this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...