Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Ultimate Sacrifice

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.  I also hope that you took the time to think about those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.  While we may not always support the wars, we should always support those who selflessly risk their lives to keep up free, even when they don't agree with the reason for fighting.  I have a lot of respect for the people that do that and for the families that love them.  I don't think I could emotionally handle having a loved one deployed.

Our holiday weekend consisted of spending time with my grandparents, breakfast every morning :-), cook outs, cook in with the grandparents and lots of play at my mom's camp yesterday.  The heat was almost unbearable yesterday, but we survived!

Delaney has been working on finding her thumb and she has finally done it.  She can pretty much get it whenever she wants.  Doesn't make Mommy too happy since I can't very well take it away (coming from the girl who didn't stop sucking her thumb until 5th grade!)
We officially have a thumb sucker.  She even
spits out the paci for the thumb some times.
On Saturday there was a pool at the cookout so after breakfast we had to go out and get Lillian a bathing suit.  In hind sight, I should insisted on a 2 piece, daddy had trouble taking her to the bathroom.
So excited to go to Shaun's for a cook out!
She refused to let got of a person or be in a floating boat thing most of the day.  Once she realized (again this year) that she floats with just the arm/chest floaty she didn't want to get out.
After many hours of convincing she let go
of the people and the floats!

Lillian always wants pictures with her sister.
 Despite the hot and humid weather yesterday, Delaney and I spent a lot of time outside watching her big sister ride her "Big Girl Bike" around "the circle" at mom's camp.  Just Thursday night she learned how to peddle it and Saturday she masted steering and getting going on her own!  It would have been sooner, but our driveway is a hill and rocks, doesn't make for the best bike riding.  We have a little tent cabana for the beach, but it works great in the shade of a tree too!
I'm hot and miserable, but I'll still smile
for you Mommy!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...