Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Big Day

Well I guess not really unless you live in the world of a 3 year old girl.  Today Lillian is going to start gymnastics.  She's very excited and so am I.   Ever since we were at the mall back around Christmas time and I couldn't get her to leave the window where you could see the older girls practicing gymnastics, I've wanted to get her into it.  It took me a while, but now for her birthday present from grandma, she is going to get started!  I'm excited because she will be interacting with other kids her age (besides the boys at the sitter) and getting some much needed extra exercise.

So far we are doing pretty good with our new eating habits.  It will take a while to know for sure how it's really going, but we are making progress.  She did ok yesterday with having to wait for the boys to get up before she could have her snack.  She doesn't sleep as long as the boys so she was asking for a snack when she got up, and then having another when they had their after nap snack.  She was also great this morning when I said "how about some grapes for you treat for sleeping in your bed?" She said "no I want candy"  I said "No, remember doctor said no candy, healthy choices."  She said "Ok, I want to put them in the bowl."  No argument from me!

I can't believe my baby is 2 months old today!  In all honesty I think she looks more like 3 or 4 months old!

As for my marriage, we are doing ok right now.  I hate that all most of us ever think to write about is the bad stuff.  While we still have a ways to go in working on things together we have made some small improvements over the last few days.  We both realized that we tend to try and "help" each other when Lillian won't listen, but all that really shows her is that she doesn't have to listen unless she wants to.  It has also helped a little in the discipline area.  While we still have a different idea on what a fair punishment is, letting the other handle the whole situation is more consistent than changing the punishment during the time she is being punished, or me having to hand down a punishment that I think is too harsh for the action.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...