Monday, January 19, 2009

Making Progress and Conversations

Well we've made quite a bit of progress (in my eyes) on Lillian's room since Friday. My closet is no longer in there. Currently my clothes that are still on hangers are laid over a bin of clothes to be stored until my belly is back to a manageable size. My shoes are in a bin and ready to be placed under my bed for easier storage and the only things in her room are hers. I even picked out the paint colors! And B was so proud of his progress on Thursday that he was taking pictures of the before and after he cleaned it out. Now I just need to get him to clean the basement and our bedroom. Especially his closet (that is going to become our closet). He has clothes flippin every where. On top of the dog cage in our room, a dresser full, hanging in the closet, on the shelf in the closet and all over his closet floor. That doesn't count the crap he has stored in bins all over. Which I don't know why he needs them all. He yells at me all the time for having to much crap and why am I keeping this or that. I swear the man has clothes he hasn't warn in two years!

And as for conversations, I had to have a little talk with him about a nasty habit. I'm not talking about smoking or chewing or anything like that, I'm talking about his Al Bundie habit of sitting around with his hands in his pants! Ugh it grosses me out and it's bothered me for years, but he always take my comments as a joke. Well this weekend one morning he gets up goes to the couch and takes the "Al Position" I finally tell him besides his potty mouth we have another habit he needs to work on. Putting his hands down his pants. He just kind of laughs so I told him I'm serious because I don't want him touching our little girl after he's had his hands down there. He says "I'll be sure to wash them first." But I don't know if I believe it. Its such a habit he doesn't even notice he's doing it. Just like using the F word. He carried on a whole conversation with his buddy using the F word like every other word and then later yelled at me for using it when I cut myself. I said and what about you? He said he hadn't used it all day. I just laughed and when I reminded him of talking to his friend he just blushed and shut up.

I just keep reminding him and he keeps trying. He says "I don't mind you yelling at me cause it's only cause you love me and our daughter." So at least he understand (most of the time).

1 comment:

  1. Good work on Lillian's room! It's a relief to be able to make progress. I don't blame you one bit about B having his hands down his pants, although I think it;s funny he doesn't even realize he's doing it. My husband has a potty mouth, too. We've tried to control it and to some degree, we really do. In my experience, our kids never picked up on it. So it ended up being a moot point. Does that make sense?
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    -D

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...