Monday, August 15, 2011

Losing Weight?

I wish I was referring to me actually losing weight, but alas I am not. I will weigh myself and do my weekly update in the next few days.  Can you tell I really don't want to?  Not so much the weekly update, but weigh myself.

Anyway, in the last 2 weeks I've had a few people ask me if I was losing weight.  Bless these wonderful women!  Although I looked at them like they were crazy, the truth is I probably have "lost" some weight since I saw them last.  I did lose 20lbs and even if I've gained 5 of it back already I'm still probably 15lbs lighter than the last time I saw them.  It makes me feel good to know that my body doesn't look as big as it feels.

Yesterday I decided that with approaching the 2nd trimester and the impending return of some energy, I need to start getting some exercise. 

I didn't mention last week with my golfing decision is that on Wednesday I started having sciatic pain, Thursday it turned into a lower back ache and by Friday I couldn't even stand up straight to walk.  This is a problem I've had before while not pregnant so I started doing my stretches and exercises to get my back into shape again.  In the beginning it was very hard to even get in the position to do the stretches, let alone actually do them.  By yesterday afternoon though I was at least able to go do my grocery shopping without too much trouble.  I did decide last night that I need to start sleeping with my body pillow again though to help with sciatic pain and back problems.  Which seems early to me because I didn't need them until I was about 4 months with Lillian.  Oh well, at least I don't need to go buy them this time!

Anyway, as I was saying, I decided to start my day off with some yoga this morning.  It's 30 minutes and not too strenuous, but I think it's perfect for now with my back and lack of energy.  Maybe I can get back to walking in a week or so.
Please vote for my blog by clicking the banner below, that's all you have to do, nothing else!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...