Tuesday, August 16, 2011

11 Weeks

And completely emotional today. I hate feeling like I'm on the verge of crying when I have nothing to cry about.  I've lost all ability to be smart and witty today and I just can't wait for my early lunch with my mom and my sister where I will get some nice yummy crispy chicken wings.

Again I'm not posting any stats.  My mood is horrible enough today, maybe I'll do it tomorrow after my appt, where I will be hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time! (Like my optimism there?)

What's going on this week according to Baby.Gaga:
Your wee baby is now comparable in size to a plum! 
Or for you men,

11-weeks-pregnant-baby-size2
His Boys Can Swim
Pregnancy Week 11:
Fore! The next time you swing
your golf club, know your baby
is about the size of a golfball.



Your baby's favorite game right now is exploring their face and especially their mouth.
Not only does this game improve your child's newly acquired voluntary muscle coordination of their limbs, but it also starts hard-wiring their hand nerves for newly gained sensations as they're now able to experience in their hands, because their palms can now "feel"!
Extensive facial exploration also primes their facial nerves by setting the stage for a lifetime of subtle sensations from kissing to spitting!
Final interesting fetal developments for the week: their newly acquired swallow reflex, and the beginnings of a sense of smell, which when combined with their maturing taste buds, will provide your baby with their first experiences of taste and smell in the womb.
Yeah, we're also curious what wombs smell like. We'd like to think warm and homey, which just might be the smell of freshly baked cookies.

 Please help put a smile on my face and click the banner below to vote for my blog.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, with the wanting to cry and really not knowing why! It's horrible.

    So, I hope you feel better [hugs!]

    :)
    Tory K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Tory!

    The good thing is I know that my mood could easily change by tonight and if not, tomorrow will be a whole new day and my mood will hopefully be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your day got better. Thanks for the comment earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not better, I'll post about it tomorrow though.

    You're welcome. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...