Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Borrowing an Idea

Well I guess really it's more like stealing since I can't really give it back.  Ashley over at More Than Dog Children is doing a 30 Days of Thankful and I think it's a great idea and just what I need right now. 

Today I'm thankful for my little girl, who isn't so little any more!  She had her 2.5 year well child visit last week and when the receptionist said "we won't need to see her again until she's 3" it hit me that it's only 6 months away!  For so long 3 has seemed like this number way off in the distance and now it seems like it's speeding at me like a bullet.  But my big girl is healthy and very smart according to the Doctor.  And she amazed the crap out of me when she came to me with her sweatshirt zipped the other day.  Yes, my 2.5 year old started the zipper herself for the first time!  Potty training is going fairly well.  It's taking a lot longer than I thought it would, but I appreciate the good days and try to forget the bad days.



Not much in the way of a pregnancy update.  I'm 22 weeks now, so hopefully on 16 or so more to go, but I'll figure on 19 and try not to get my hopes up too high.  I'm getting very frustrated with my weight gain and I'm considering giving up trying to watch what I eat.  What's the point of depriving myself of comforts when it's not doing me much good anyway?  Hopefully this last week of trying will give me confidence.

I'm feeling baby girl move more and more and that's comforting.  I can't wait for Lillian to be able to feel it.  I love that she rubs and kisses my belly.  And it's just too cute when she looks in my belly button and says "yup, she's still in there."

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



2 comments:

  1. Aw, she is so adorable! :) That's cute how she does a check to make sure her baby sister is in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She puts her hands on both sides of my belly button and tries to look in there. It's too cute. And then she'll rub my belly and say see you later and kiss my belly.

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...