Tuesday, September 6, 2011

14 Weeks

I feel like a bad blogger.  It's been a whole week since I posted last and I swore to myself I wouldn't let that happen.  Oh well, guess I was wrong.  I just haven't been feeling all that sociable.  I know it's the internet and it's not like I'm actually interacting with people, but it still take a level of social skills that I just haven't had the last week or so.  I've even had to refrain from sending out a few work emails because I just knew that I would probably get in trouble for them.

I'm hoping I start feeling a little bit more like myself this week.  Well maybe not, my normal self isn't all that sociable either. 

My MIL and I generally get along and never have any issues.  This weekend and a few times previously since telling her I'm pregnant she has seriously pissed me off.  Most women and even men know that you don't talk about weight or weight gain with a pregnant woman.  It's just not something that is any one's business and it's a touchy subject without the pregnancy hormones to begin with.

So we were talking about how I'm feeling and such and I told her much better now that I'm taking the prilo.sec and the indigestion isn't so bad.  I think it was causing a lot of my nausea.  I also said that I can also eat a little more normally now, not quite so often and more of a variety of things.  And I said I'm trying to make sure I eat as healthy as possible without feeling sick.  She said "well that's good cause we aren't going to gain all that weight again this time are we."  Like my weight gain with Lillian affected her in some way.  Honestly, if I have to gain 55lbs again to feel half way decent for the next 6 months, then I will and I don't really think it's any of her business.  Obviously I don't want to gain that kind of weight, it's a pain in the ass to get off and I'll like crap emotionally, but if that's what it takes to not be miserable and feel sick every day, then so be it.  I don't need her telling me I can't gain that much weight.  A lot has changed in the 35 years since she was pregnant last and they told her she COULD NOT gain more than 15lbs.

With that being said...
Stats:
Weight: +10lbs
Next appt: Oct 19

I'm not all that happy about my weight because I really don't want to gain a bunch of weight this time, but being 1/3 of the way there if I keep gaining at this rate, I'll only gain 30lbs and that's 20 less than last time!  Plus I'm only working out half assed.  I still can't get my energy to cooperate.  In my mind I'm very motivated, but when my alarm goes off at 4am getting my ass out of bed to actually go do something just doesn't seem possible.  And at night I tend to fall asleep while putting Lillian to bed so it's kind of hard to work it in there anywhere with dinner, bath and bed in the whole 3-3.5 hrs I actually get to see her at night.  I wish there was a mall or something near my work where I could just go walk during my lunch.  I suppose I could use my work's walking trail, but it's outside and I'm not a big fan of walking in 80-90* temperatures and returning to work after sweating for 3 hours before I can shower again.  I don't like walking in the rain or snow either, which will be coming soon :(

In exciting news, despite what the link below for this week will tell you, I've been feeling the baby move every once in a while.  It's weird though cause I don't really remember what the beginning movements felt like with Lillian, I thought they felt fluttery, but this time, it's more like pressure of the baby "sitting" on the side of my uterus or something and it slowly moves along and then it's gone.  It does seem in line with what I've read about second pregnancies though and feeling baby a few weeks sooner.  I ready back in my blog and noticed I started feeling Lillian about 16 weeks so around 14 weeks would be right on.

This week I have a little lemon . . .
And my stomach kind of feels like I've been eating a lot of lemons, but hey, that's better than feeling like I've been drinking vinegar by the gallon right?
If you're interested in what's going on with the baby this week head on over to Baby.Center



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...