Thursday, February 9, 2012

L&D: Act II Scene 1

I figured my first trip to L&D with Lillian was Act I so this may as well be Act II. I was really hoping not to have to go to the hospital until I was in labor, but alas I was a little worried and the doctor wanted to be on the safe side.

Tuesday morning about 1am I woke up with a horrible headache that had me almost in tears for 2 hours.  Tyle.nol didn't help and I was only able to fall back asleep with a cold washcloth on my face.  Then when I woke up to get ready for work my hands were all swollen and my gums were bleeding bad when I brushed my teeth.  Bleeding gums can be normal, but the most I've ever had is a little pink when I rinsed, this time it was red.

When the headache was still lingering around 9 and my hands were still swollen I figured I better call the Dr and at least let them know what was going on.  The OB decided I should go to the hospital to have my BP monitored and some labs done.  My first BP was 147/60, which normally wouldn't be considered high, but considering it went all the way down to 110/60 within an hour the nurse said it is considered high because it's more than 20% over my normal BP wich is around 112/60.  So after sever BP reads, blood work and the pee test they sent me home with a red jug and a hat to pee in for 24hrs.

Everything has come back normal!

Yesterday at my 36 week appt my midwife actually told me "I'm surprised you actually made it to this appointment, I was afraid you weren't going to.  But she can come any time she wants now so give me a call when your contractions are 5 minutes apart or your water breaks."  Those are the best words I've heard!  And I have started having the "real" painful contractions so I'm just biding my time until they become regular and I can call.  I'm nervous about being at work though, I really don't want my water to break here.  And I know the protocal for call the Dr about contractions, but what about when to leave work?


36 Weeks



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...