Friday, July 8, 2011

I had this written

In my head last night, about 2am.

When I got up to go to the bathroom for the 3rd time last night I had a hard time falling back asleep. So I lay there thinking about all the things I wanted to blog about, I even had it titled and a rough draft in my head. Do you think I can remember any of it now?

Remember when I mentioned in this post how I've always thought there may be an issue with my thyroid, but both my GP and OB said my levels were normal. Well yesterday my new NP (nurse practitioner) called and wanted me to get more blood work done. Turns out that calcium and the function of your thyroid are connected. She ordered the PTH Intact test. There is some good information here. I have had symptoms of both hyper- and hypo- calcemia. They are also checking my Vitamin D and calcium levels again. I'm so glad I finally have a doctor that is taking this a step further than just "oh everything is relatively fine."

Do you remember me talking about the MIL that irritates me? You know, the one who took sleeping Lillian out of her seat while I was in the bathroom the day that I brought her home from the hospital. Well I've just recently "gotten over" how inconsiderate she is (not really the word I want, but it's all I can think of at the moment. Anyway, she calls me yesterday and says "where did you get that mat for under Lillian's car seat?" Then she she tells me that she bought Lillian a car seat. Now I appreciate the fact that she doesn't want me to have to keep switching the car seat from our car to hers when she has Lillian, but don't you think maybe she should have discussed this with me before buying it. Here are my problems 1- it's used. Not to say it isn't in good condition, but I would really like to have checked it out before she spent $50 on it. 2 - it's a brand I've never hear of. That doesn't mean it isn't a good brand, but I need to know ratings and such. She justified this by saying "I looked it up online and it's normally $190." Umm hello, expensive doesn't mean safe.

If she had talked to me I would have told her to go to Walmart and get one like the one I have that was only $60 and has high ratings for safety and use. Then I was sitting there thinking "there is no way Lillian is sitting in it unless I install it". Which thankfully she asked me to do. I honestly don't even trust B to put her car seat in a car. He never seems to tighten it enough, I think he gets frustrated.

So I'm thinking of saying something to her like "wish you would have said something, you could have gotten a new one like mine for $60."

Well that's all I can remember now... Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...