Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lots of Pictures!!!

So I lied to everyone in my last post. I forgot yesterday was a holiday so I'm not posting about cereal until now *bows head in shame*

And I just have so many wonderful pictures to share that I can't decide which to post first, so I'm just going to post them all, ok well my favorites...




Here is Lillian with her new elephant, she just loves it! I'm so glad I got it for her. It seems to have everything she like, rattles, teether, crinkly ears, squeaks when you squeeze it and all the little tags.


Here is Lillian during her first of 3 baths in 2 days. Friday night would have normally been her bath night, but she wasn't feeling well and fell asleep early. So Saturday morning I gave her a bath. I really wanted to go to the Night Under Fire Show so I asked my MIL to babysit.
Yes the MIL that I'm not that fond of taking care of Lillian. Well when we got home at midnight she told me she gave her a bath. I wasn't happy, but I just said "Oh, you didn't have to, she had one this morning." I mean if she needed a bath I probably would have told you. Then the next day when we were at her house she told me she just laid her down in the tub. Umm, that's not cool, I wouldn't even take a bath in
that tub right now, it's gross and dirty, that's the main reason I still use her tub. Her father is a roofer and he gets gross and keeping the tub clean is hard some times, especially when he is doing a tear off like he had been. I really wanted to yell at her, but I didn't. I just don't understand why she wants to play "mommy" instead of grandma. Ugh just play with her, feed her and put her to sleep like I asked!

But anyway, I had to give her a bath Sunday morning too because she pooped all over both of us, again!

This is her new favorite face and it just cracks me up, especially when her eyes get all big and bright. I've been trying to catch it for a few days now and she kept doing it during her bath so I made B get me the camera.

And what everyone I'm sure has been waiting for... Lillian's first bite of rice cereal! Her father couldn't understand why it was such a big moment but I got him to take the picture anyway. She didn't seem to fond of it so I think tonight when we try again I'm going to try and puree it a little more so there is less texture. Because guess what, I am now a baby food cook! Yup, that's right, I made her rice cereal and some peaches. The peaches are frozen to be used later, but I had some fresh ones I didn't want to go bad so I made them up and froze them.

She does love the spoon though! While I was making the cereal I gave her the spoon to play with so that she wouldn't be more interested in that while I was trying to feed her. Amazingly, she put it right in her mouth the right way. Normally things go in sideways! She also tried to help hold the spoon while I was feeding her.
And here she is looking at her daddy saying "Make mommy just give me the booby!"
I think in the end she got very little in her belly, but it wasn't because she wasn't moving it back with her tongue. Anything that came out was with a river or drool.
Speaking of drool, this weekend was the first time she really used her teething rings.
I have to say, with the teething and cold she has I can't believe how well behaved she is. The hardest part for her is bedtime. She gets very tired but gets woken up by her stuffiness several times before she falls into a nice deep sleep. For a couple nights I let her fall asleep in our bed, I hope she doesn't think its going to happen all the time now!
Well that's enough rambling for today, I have more pictures I'll post tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I take Sebastian to the doctor today for his 4 month appointment and I am sure she is going to talk to me about feeding him cereal.

    Good job, Lillian, holding the teethers. Sebastian can't figure out how to get things in his mouth yet. Poor guy tries so hard but he still has to learn to angle his hand! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...