Monday, September 21, 2009

Bad Blogger

Well, it's been well over a week since I last posted, and that wasn't a good post.  So here we go...

To follow up on my last post, Nana has stopped "dropping by" the new sitter's.  I felt really bad when T said that she made her feel incompetant, but I told her not to worry cause she did the same thing to me and I had complete faith in her abilities.  Then my mom talked to Nana and she said that she just can't do it any more. 

Last weekend was full of first for Lillian and I.  We spent our first night apart!  I cried on the way to drop her off at her grandma's and B was a great help in comforting me.  I basically had to run out of the house once we got things set up for her.  And then I had a beer.  The night wasn't as good as we wanted it to be, but we had fun.  At 3 am I woke up wishing we could go home.  And in all reality we could have, but that would have meant packing up the tent in the dark and bailing out on helping with clean up in the morning and I didn't think that was right.  Lillian did great for her grandma and her smile when I walked in to get her was priceless!

Then Monday was her firt Buffalo Bills game, she was the cutest fan there!

She did great and only fussed a little with all the cheering that would scare her a little.  I'd just make a happy face and do that little "yay!" and lift her arms and she'd be happy again.  Yesterday was her first full length Bills game and I was pretty impressed with her.  She did get a little fussy at the near her bed time, but that's to be expected.  She loved when we made a touch down cause we always play the song "Hold on to Your Dreams" and dance.  She loves dancing!

My MIL did irritate me for the first time at yesterdays game though.  She kept putting Lilli's binkie in her mouth and holding it there even when Lilli would spit it out.  That really bothered me, but I didn't want to complain cause she was helping me take care of her so I could watch the game and eat too. 

I'm thinking about weening her off the binkie, but I'm not sure it's a good idea with her teething.  What do you think?  Any suggestions on how to go about it?

Oh yeah and the highlight of my weekend was this...


what I woke up to yesterday morning.  She was talking and laughing with her friends

I miss my baby girl a lot this morning.  I can't believe she is going to be 5 months old on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...