Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weddings and Babies

I've been feeling really nostalgic lately when it comes to my friends.  I really only have 4 or 5 girl friends besides my sitter and the girls I know because of her.  One lives in my town, but until recently she has been the "free" one.  Meaning no kids.  And oddly enough we are very different people.  We became friends because we hung out with the same people.  Strangely she is the only one of those "people" I still have real contact with.

The other 3 girls live at least 2 hours away and are also in different places in their lives.  Only one is married with a little one, but she too is at least 2 hours away.  With my financial situation it makes it really hard to get together with anyone to hang out.  Especially if I want something like a girls night out.

I haven't seen any of these girl friends since April!  Almost 6 months now!

Anyway, yesterday was a great day.  I got to have lunch with my girlfriend in town.  She's now half way through her pregnancy and expecting a little boy in Feb.  It was nice to be able to give her advice and tell her stories.  She said most people have just told her horror stories and that made me sad.  She is the first person I've admitted to that "I'm addicted to giving birth".  Well now I've admitted it to the world, but really I am.  There is high of adrenaline and emotions associated with it that makes me want to keep having babies despite the sleepless nights, the frustrations of a toddler and the arguments with the hubbs.

Then I got home and had a beautiful letter from my best friend asking me to be her Matron of Honor.  I cried.  The letter was so sweet and funny.  I met her my first few weeks of college and we were pretty much inseparable from then on.  She lives 2 hours away, but that doesn't matter.  It's funny I sent her texts last week telling her I missed her.  Its one of those that life gets in the way of us seeing each other, but we are always there.  I'm so excited for her upcoming wedding.  I remember her saying "If I ever get married" and her fiance telling me "I can't wait to ask her to marry me, but I have to wait til she's ready."  And the night she called me to tell me he proposed.

Yesterday was just a good day that I needed.  I still want a night out with these girls, but it will come.  At least I know we have the wedding to look forward to.  (Oh yeah I introduced the 2 girls in college and they are great friends now too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...