Tuesday, December 6, 2011

27 Weeks

Seems hard to believe some days that it's already been 27 weeks! At times it still doesn't seem real that I will be holding another baby girl of my own in just a few short months.  I really can't wait to meet her.  She has me very confused on her personality.  She will kick up a storm and squirm around for a few days and then it's like she just stops for a day or two.  Obviously not completely, that would send me rushing to the hospital in a panic, but she stops enough for me to start to worry.  And her kicks become so light it's like the first feelings of movement again.  I've also noticed she seems to be more active at night, which gives me the feeling that unlike Lillian who was very good with her days and nights, this little girl is going to have them confused.  Only time will tell!!!

Right now I feel like I'm struggling with my weight and emotionally it's killing me.  I hate how I feel about myself which makes me want to eat my favorite comfort foods, but I know that these comfort foods are just going to make me gain even more weight and feel even worse.  Simple solution, don't eat comfort foods right?  Yeah well any emotional eater can tell you that's a heck of a lot easier said than done.  So this is me this week (with 28 extra lbs on):

And here's what's going on with baby girl:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Yay a picture! :D How exciting! I think you look fine. I feel you on the weight issues though (and the lack of help from comfort food! haha) I've never been this big in my life, and even though I know I am pregnant it can be hard to cope with sometimes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tory! As much as I'm hating what I've gained I keep reminding myself it is still less than what I was with Lillian at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...