Monday, December 5, 2011

Sick Little Girl

My poor girl woke up in the night last night and cried out as she has been doing nightly for weeks now. Like most nights I rolled over and woke B up.  He met her half way between our room and her room and picked her up to go back to her room, when he all of a sudden realized she had puked all over herself.  My poor baby was scared.  He brought her to me who's first thought was "she isn't supposed to come into our bed" until he pointed out she was sick.  She was shaking and trying to find the words to tell me what happened.  "Mommy, my tummy hurts, I spit."  So after stripping her down, making sure the rest of her was clean, changing the diaper and attempting to take a temperature, I wrapped her up in towels and put her "Choo-Choo All Aboard" movie in (that's the Polar Express for those who are wondering).  Daddy was nice and cleaned up her bed and then slept on the couch so that mommy could stay with her.  She got sick 3 more times between then and 6am, but not nearly as bad as that first time.

It was very hard to leave her with daddy at 11:30 to come into work for a half day, but she seemed to be feeling much better and hadn't been sick since eating some frosted.mini.wheats.  She still wanted to cuddle with mommy though and I felt bad having to tell her no.  And just before I left she said her belly hurt and asked for ice.  It was too cute.  When I left her and daddy were cuddled up on the couch watching Home.Alone for the millionth time this season.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Your ramblings...