Thursday, September 9, 2010

Confession

I have not posted in a long time for very childish reasons! 

The biggest reason being that I wrote up an extremely long post on my blackberry and saved it as a draft and well it didn't save.  I'm still very sore about this!

Anyway, Lillian is going to be 17 months old in 2 short weeks and I can't believe it!  She is a very smart little girl.  When I took her in for her 15 month check up the doctor was very impressed with her speach.  Apparently she is advanced in that area.  I can't even keep track of all the words she knows now:

"uckle" - Buckle - from her carseat
"shooos" -Shoes - because she LOVES shoes, hers and everyone elses.
"ocks" - Socks - yup loves those too
"Gook" - Duke - our dog
"ickle" - Tickle
"juice" - refers to any drink
"acker" - Cracker
"ookie" - Cookie
"pleace" - Please
"eareal" - Cereal
"bankie" - Blankie and Binkie
"nye nye"  - night night, she's ready to sleep
"eat" - she's hungry
"up" and "down" also knows they are opposites
"hat" - She LOVES these too and also refers to her headbands as hats
"hot" - she knows when this are hot and blows on them.
There's more, but I can't think of them

Parts of the body she knows:
hair - can't say it but will "wash it"
eyes - she now tells me when her eyes hurt, normally from poking them.
nose - "noose", likes to pick it cause mommy doesn't want her to
mouth - does the brrrr and "plucking" her lips when you ask where it is
fingers - "ingers" - she also says "ET" and sticks out her pointer finger for you to touch
arm - she can say it and know where it is.
armpit - "armpi" so cute to see her point and say it
feet - she can say it and mostly knows it only for putting pants on
toes - toose - she loves pointing to them
pee - she says it and points to her vagina
poop - she says it and points to her butt
belly and button - only says "bewy" though.  Love looking for the button

Besides that she is running all over and loves to open and close doors.  She tries dressing herself although it mostly consists of trying to put her shirts on her legs.  She loves laying her babies down and covering them up and telling you "ssh".  She can put her hats on herself.  She now eats with her fork and spoon and can use adult ones if needed.  I don't think it will be long before we need to transition to a toddler bed as she is learning how to climb.  And being that she doesn't have a stroller for her dolls she has learned to put her dolls in the handle of this toy and push them around.  My little engineer.



I think that's it for now, I'll leave you with some pictures:

My Silly Lilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...