Monday, April 20, 2009

Nothing Yet!

Well B's all about helping me get her out! I'm so glad cause I was starting to feel like he didn't want anything to do with me in that sense. And well even if it's just cause he's excited to get her here I don't care. Either way it hasn't worked yet.

We went to breakfast/brunch Saturday morning and had our usual waitress. Well she just had her second little one last summer and she was telling us about how both her and her sister used Castor oil to induce labor and it worked for both of them. So yesterday B insisted that we stop and get some. I'm a little nervous about using it though. The side effects can be horrible and I don't really want to go through that if it isn't going to induce labor.

Any suggestions??? Stories from peoples' experience with it would be great (please mention how far along you were)

4 comments:

  1. I took Castor oil and that stuff tastes horrible! I took it on my due date, the night before, actually. It worked, I lost my plug, but they still had to induce me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birth instructor says use Castor Oil only as a last ditch effort. Apparently it does taste horrible, but as you mentioned --- the "side effects" can be terrible. She said it didn't help her... but if you are really, really desperate then maybe its worth it. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used castor oil when I was 38 weeks and all it did was make me vomit good luck trying to induce babies have a tendency of coming when it is most inconvient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. XONORA5- i.am.pg siteApril 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM

    never heard of the castor oil...but heard of Sex...lol! That is what I was told too, but didn't need it since baby hadn't turned and needed emergency C-sec. Good luck, I know it is harder those last couple days...especially the way you feel. Remember though, some babies go past 40 weeks and come out later. I would not try the oil, but it is up to you...good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...