Monday, April 6, 2009

No News

They say no news is good news right? Well whom ever coined the phrase didn't think about pregnancy. Well I suppose it can still be considered good news at this point, just not exactly what I wanted to hear.

I had my 36 week appt. on Friday and well it was no different than any other of my last few appts. She told me that she doesn't generally start doing internals until 38 weeks unless she feels there is a good reason, which she obviously didn't think there was. She told me not worry about my contractions unless they stay steadily 4 in an hour for two or more hours after changing activities. She also hinted that she would still be calling it preterm labor. Whether or not that means she would stop it or not she didn't say and I didn't ask.

I've been getting several questions on what they are estimating her weight to be and I'm starting to get really comfortable with the fact that they haven't given me any estimate. At this point I'm glad I'm not freaking out about possibly giving birth to a 9lb baby. And besides, like my aunt said it's all about head size, not so much weight.

Yesterday I woke up with menstral like cramping and it didn't go away for a few hours so I called the Dr. office to make sure it was ok. She said as long as I wasn't bleeding or feeling wet I should be fine. Thankfully after a few more hours it went away and my contractions never picked up. We had a nice Easter Meal with B's family and then played outside with the kids down stairs for a while. Well B did, they were playing dodge ball and I didn't think partaking in the fun was a great idea. So, I installed Lillian's carseat. I'm so ready for her to be here now!

Well that's about all going on. We made a few rearrangements in her room, but I'm not going to post any new pictures til it's finalized. But here is a pic of my belly at 35 and 36 weeks. I think I finally stopped growing!

And I almost forgot, I've added a guessing game for when everyone thinks little miss Lilly will be arriving, please join in the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to be patient. You just want to meet your baby NOW! It'll be here before you know it! The cramping might have been MORE stretching. Hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically we have no idea how big baby is either. 2 weeks ago I asked her to give me an educated guess. She pushed around on my belly grabbing the head and body and said around 6 lbs. Hopefully Peanut isn't putting on too much weight a week or I'm looking at a porker!

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...