Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ugh

Thanks for all the well wishes. I went to the chiropractor twice and that certainly didn't help. I honestly think it made it worse. So on Monday I go to Physical Therapy.

Its been a rough few days and last night I lay in bed some time after midnight wanting to cry cause I couldn't move without pain wondering how on earth I'm gonna make it through the next 7 weeks.

In other news, I was totally mislead by the lady in my HR department. When I first talked to her about maternity leave when I was 14 weeks pregnant she informed that I could have up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave. Well I met with her again yesterday and she informed me that I can have up to 12 weeks, but normally you only get 6-8 weeks. And it's up to my short term disability carrier how much they actually want to pay me. They don't have to pay me my full salary for the full time if they don't want to. Had I known this I would have done things totally differently! I really don't know how I'm going to handle things now. I just know I want as much time home with my daughter as I can get.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, indeed! I really hope she moves or you can find some way to get comfortable. Pregnancy is stressful and not being able to just lay comfortable really puts a lot more stress on the situation.

    I'd be totally pissed about the HR thing too. Kinda feels like a bait and switch to me. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...