Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Braxton Hicks?

So yesterday I was having this feeling in my belly, but I couldn't tell if it was Braxton.Hicks (BH)contractions or just baby girl stretching out and making me uncomfortable. The best way to describe it is that I get this tight feeling at the top of my belly and all the way across and it goes down most of my belly, but the bottom doesn't feel tight or hard. It will last a minute or so and then it goes away. Afterwards baby girl normally goes nuts for a minute, but that could be because I press on my tummy to see if certain part are hard feeling. It also makes it so that I can't leave forward very well.

Any advice on if it's BH or just my baby girl making more room?

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like BH to me. They usually do radiate down from the top of the tummy. I have noticed with mine that you don't always feel hardening down low closer to the pelvic area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely BH. Some things can trigger them like not drinking enough water, having to pee, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone might feel BH differently. Mine usually starts below the belly button but then the whole uterus gets hard. Your body is getting ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like BH, I agree with another comment where everyone feels them differnetly. I have felt them like yours and I have also felt them like a menstral cramp, while the uterous feels hard.

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...