Thursday, July 23, 2009

3 Months and 13 Weeks!

Wow, I can't believe how big she is getting...

Stats:

Weight - 12.2lbs (+3.8 from birth)
Length - I didn't have time to do this yesterday, so hopefully tonight!

She's learning so much:
She holds her head up for long periods of time now
  • She loves to stand, much more than sitting at the moment, if you pull on her arms just a little she will stiffen her legs and pull up with her arms.

  • She talks to everything, people, her toys, the wall... but her favorite time to talk is when I'm changing her to get ready for bed.



  • She has started to reach for thing, though she doesn't always get her hands where she wants them
  • She has become an expert at getting her hands to her mouth and she prefers the whole fist to just a finger or two or a thumb, and if you put something in her hand, it goes directly to her mouth!
  • She's been sleeping in her crib all night for almost 2 full weeks now. And she no longer fusses when I put her down. I started by letting her fall asleep first, but now we read a story (unless she's too tired) and then we rock a few minutes until her eyes are heavy and then she goes in the crib, her seahorse plays once and she's out til at least 6am when we have to wake her to go to the sitter.



  • And I have to say that she definitely knows when mommy is there to pick her up cause she gets this huge smile on her face, it just melts my heart.

I think that's about all for this update, I'm slowly getting better about leaving her, but you'd think after 7 weeks I'd be ok.




2 comments:

  1. She is getting so big Brandi! And shes just as cute as ever =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very sweet Brandi! It is always great to see them do neat new things.

    Looks like she is a very happy little one too. Love the fact that you read to her daily.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your ramblings...