Monday, August 1, 2011

Testing... Testing...1 2 3


Lots of testing going on right now!  Lillian is in another stage where she wants to test my limits and it's driving me crazy!  I can't tell you how many times this weekend I had to "Spank her mouth" for talking back to me.  Her favorite phrase is "No mom, don't tell me!" Of course she does this while pointing her finger at me. That automatically gets a light smack to the mouth.  Right or wrong, I don't know, but it's the only thing that seems to get her attention that it's bad.   Also if I say "You better ... by the time I count to 3 or ...  1..." she says "2, 3."  And I just want to scream!  So I've started letting that be her count and once she says 3 I just give whatever the punishment is. 
 
Here's a question for you.  If your child does what you told them to do just after you say 3, do you hand down the punishment, or because they did what you said do you let it go?
 
I remember being pregnant thinking "I dont' want to spank my child, it will be a last resort."  In a way it still is a last resort, I try time out, but it doesn't always register.  I guess it's just that I didn't think spanking would be so frequent.  And all parents (well decent ones anyway) say "I won't ever hit spank my child in anger."  But let's face it, if your child is doing something that requires spanking, you are already angry.
 
In happy testing news, as you can see I'm testing out some new stuff on my blog!  I've joined TopMommyBlogs.com .  Stop by and check out all the awesome blogs they have.  Please, click on one of the banners to vote for me and let them know you like me!
 
In case you didn't notice I moved my page links to under my header and I've added a new one, Lillian's Life in Pictures!  Check it out for total cuteness without the attitude!  I will also be updating Our Journey here in the new future and may be doing some revamping on my side bar.  Let me know what you think!
 
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ramblings...